Sunday, August 28, 2011

Biore & Olay Cleansers Review


Biore Steam Activated Cleanser with SteamActiv beads (oil-free) 5 fl oz - $5.00
Olay Acne Control Face Wash (oil-free) 6.7 fl oz - $5.99

I think I've tried more cleansers since I became a teenager than any other product. The only ones that have worked for me and my combination/acne prone skin have been big name and price products such as Proactive. However, lately I've been using Olay Acne Control Oil-Free Face Wash. It is AH MA ZING. And this is coming from someone who has had trouble controlling her acne for what seems like forever. With this cleanser I still get occasional SMALL bumps that are easily covered with my foundation (no big red irritating spots yet). I also occasionally use Biore's Steam Activating Cleanser in the shower. It has mint in it and it leaves my skin feeling so cool and refreshed after I use it. It was one of Marie Claire's 25 Best Beauty Products in 2010. The reason I don't use the Biore cleanser every day is because it doesn't do enough to clear my acne - but using once a week has proved not to be a threat. The one thing I don't like about this Biore product is that there aren't enough steam beads in it - I maybe get one per pump. It works anyway, but still. If that's the main selling point of the product, I should have lots of them in each pump!

Back to Olay... I'm tired of paying an arm and a leg for my cleansers and secretly have always envied those women who can use the simple yet extraordinary Olay products! Also, I find that when using products such as Proactive I'm more likely to "accidentally" fall asleep with my makeup on, because the entire 4 step (5 if you use an eye cream!) seems like too much when I'm exhausted. This Olay product also doesn't bleach my towels, as Proactive unfortunately has. It doesn't have a very strong scent, but don't use a full pump because you will literally be inhaling bubbles if you do. It leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean, and it completely takes off all of my make up - even waterproof mascara. I've read reviews for this product and I think people who have had negative experiences with acne cleansers aren't using a good moisturizer. The salicylic acid really dries the skin and even if you have oily skin you need moisturizer to protect it. I'll be doing a review on my moisturizer soon - it is from Mary Kay (my cousin is a rep) and although I'm not a huge Mary Kay fan, this stuff is honestly the only moisturizer I've ever tried that has not made me break out. In fact, I'll take a picture of the entire drawer filled with moisturizers that have failed me! I think I'm going to try an Olay moisturizer next, so if you've tried one you love let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment